Tuesday, October 16, 2007

NBA PREDICTIONS

NBA Predictions

I feel that the..

Houston Rockets will get passed the first round of the playoffs this season, with the great addition of Steve Francis, Mike James, and Luis Scola (only to name a few). They brought a legit Power Forward in Luis Scola, and brought depth into their bench; adding more firepower even with their starters on the bench.
Boston Celtics
won't have a remarkable season, but this is a team with 2 potential Hall of Famer's [Ray Allen & Kevin Garnett] in the NBA, and a seasonal Veteran / All-star [Paul Pierce]. They will click on all cylinders in the playoffs though. This is a team thats not here to fool around. These 3 players come from 3 different teams in the NBA that ranked near the bottom in the league. They are hungry for a championship ring.

New York Knicks
will double their win/loss ratio from last season with Curry and ZeBo [Zach Randolph] in the post. Not only do they have two future dominant front court players, they have a deep backcourt in Stephon Marbury, Quentin Richardson, and Jamal Crawford.

Washington Wizards
are a true underdog team. Gilbert Arena's has proven himself to be among the greats in the league. He has proven himself with a 60 point game against the Lakers in which Kobe Bryant himself couldn't contain him. Kobe even had a few negative words about Gilbert's amazing performance. Along with a healthy Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison, I feel the Washington Wizards may have what it takes to be a force in the playoffs. Glibert Arena's has also guaranteed a victory over the Boston Celtics in the season opener.

Utah Jazz
are a team that no one looks at to be a force in the NBA. People don't see that this Utah team looks to be that of a smaller San Antonio team. They have inside dominance in Boozer and Okur (a man that can step out and hit the three ball also). Then they have one of the most talented Point Guards in the league in Deron Williams. When you talk about the Utah Jazz you can't go without talking about Andre Kirilenko, a defensive master-mind who has averaged about 2 bpg (blocks per game) since he has been in the league. As long as Carlos Boozer stays healthy I can see this team fighting for a 4th or 5th seed.

Phoenix Suns
won't be as dominant this season like they were the past couple seasons. Phoenix Suns have played without Amare Stoudamire and have succeeded to do so, for a period of time, but what do you do when one of the best Forwards in the league (Shawn Marion) wants out? With Amare out with arthroscopic knee surgery and Marion wanting out, who does the Phoenix Suns look to? Grant Hill? A player way past his prime, that can only get you 20-25 minutes every other night? Raja Bell? A set shooter with a hot temper? The only person that can step up for the Phoenix Suns is Steve Nash, and he's been doing his since he's been in the league.. but it takes 5 to win a game. Steve Nash may have some highlight passes, but who do you pass to when your two post players are M.I.A?

NBA PLAYOFFS
:
EAST. The 8 teams to advance to the NBA Playoffs are (my prediction on seeds also) :
  1. Boston Celtics
  2. Detroit Pistons
  3. Cleveland Cavaliers
  4. Toronto Raptors
  5. Chicago Bulls
  6. Washington Wizards
  7. Orlando Magics
  8. Miami Heat / New Jersey Nets
Falling short from the playoffs:
New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers

West. The 8 teams to advance to the NBA Playoffs are (my prediction on seeds also) :

  1. Dallas Mavericks
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  3. Houston Rockets
  4. Utah Jazz
  5. Phoenix Suns
  6. Denver Nuggets
  7. Los Angeles Clippers
  8. Los Angeles Lakers
Falling short from the playoffs:
Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings


6 comments:

The Napster said...

Houston??? I dont know man. With T-Mac and Yao never having made it past the first round. And the Celtics?? I mean I am excited about their prospects for this season but I dont think they'll make it past the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers tried the exact same thing when they brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton in 2001. They still didn't go all the way even though they basically had the all-star team. Its all about time played together and cohesiveness, which the Celtics have yet to show us. Ill keep reading your sports posts if you keep posting!

XKrNxBallarX said...

Houston is deep. and yeah Celtics might pull a Lakers. but lakers took it to the finals though. and when we're talkin about an all-star team on the lakers.. they had karl malone.. and gary payton.. Karl retired next season and Gary went on to have 3 terrible seasons after the lakers. they were both out of their prime... and KG, Ray, and Pierce are all in their early 30's still.. they are still within their prime. some may even argue that KG has had his best season ever last season. and Ray Allen has never scored as much as he did last season.. and Paul Pierce's stats speak for themselves... he was born to play basketball.
but yea ill keep em going.

The Napster said...

Ok, so lets say that the Celts make it all the way, I can see that as a possibility in such a weak conference. What do you make of the recent Kobe rumors? If he is quickly dealt to Chicago for like Deng, Heinerich, and possibly future picks, could that push the Bulls into fighting position for Eastern Conference Champs? I am a big Jazz Fan, so I entirely agree that they are the most underrated team so far. I hope that Kirilenko's problems are settled so we can get back to appreciating how truly wonderful he is!

XKrNxBallarX said...

Well Jerry Buss and Kobe have had turmoil since forever. and I think its a high possibility that Kobe gets traded. If he went to the Chicago Bulls I think it would be a better environment for him.. because he would have a good post with Ben "overrated" Wallace and Joakim Noah. and then you throw in Andres Nocioni and you've got a team haha. I dunno I'd like to see Jermaine Oneal and Kobe together.. that would make a good duo.
and yea.. AK-47 says he wants to play in Russia again... so we'll see what goes down with that tho.. HAHA.. so i just heard on ESPN.. its most likely KOBE to the Bulls.. :P yes i think they can be a contending team.

mr.lperry said...

ummmmmmmmm...... Houston I say will have a good season, but winning the west unlikely. Dallas, wont have a melt down this time and will play Phoenix in the conference finals and win 4-2. They will then play the Detroit Pistons that will beat Cleveland 4-3.

Ronald Stockey their first round draft choice out of Eastern Washington University will contribute considerably coming in for Richard Hamilton.
I personally got to hang out and watch STockey while I attended EWU last year, he can do it all, play D, crash the boards, shoot a nasty J, move his feet, go up strong, and dunk hard. He may have a bright career.

The out come of the final is Detroit NBA champions once again

taurusdragon said...

I like the Denver Nuggets. My favorite player in the world A.I. and Melo best DUO in the league. Marcus Camby defense player of the year. J.R. Smith, bright young star who has vince/ kobe potential lights out from 3's.. Kenyon Martin coming back from injured season...Nene, who can be an inside force that Denver needs.. GO Nuggets!!! Great Post... BTW