Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mark Briggs [News Tribune]

The visit from Mark Briggs was a great experience. He defended his statement of how society as a whole is changing with an explanation about how Newspapers are fighting some what of an uphill battle. He also told us about all the new available jobs that opened up now thanks to the technological advancements that this world has been going through.

Mr. Briggs also mentioned to us that things we watch on the news aren't very relevant to our lives, so with the concept of placing News on the internet was an idea and an in-progress approach. This approach was made by creating a news that you can watch on your computer at home that would be "local news", made to be more relevant to you. It's quite a different step that news companies are taking by integrating the World Wide Web's capability of video online and News.

The funniest thing I heard Mr. Briggs talk about was probably the "pain token". To know that people have control over how fast you can load pages and receive information is entertaining.

2 comments:

Droid116 said...

I thought the idea of the pain token to combat trolls was also fascinating. I am going to look into that one more.

mr.lperry said...

I agree with you when you say that the funniest thing he said was: you can be trying to get into the website, but they have blocked you off, and you sit there and sit there, and sit there until you get tired and leave. lol