Saturday, November 10, 2007

So Far in the NBA.


I've been putting it off a bit till I had some decent things to say, but after watching a couple games tonight... I feel like now is a good time for some bashing and glorifying teams.
Wall Of Shame:
Seattle Supersonics. Nobody in their right minds thought that this team was at all a playoff contender, but I watched the season opener and they played with potential. They are currently 0-5 after losing a close game to Utah. They play great for 3 quarters, but cant seem to keep it locked up for the last 12 minutes of the game. I'm excited to go to Key Arena to watch a basketball game... but I'm not going to watch the Supersonics.. I'm going January 23rd... to watch them play the Houston Rockets.. and sadly.. I will be cheering for the rockets.
Washington Wizards. I personally LOVE the Washington Wizards. They have a great playoff contending team, and have a strong three [I could question the Wizards supporting cast though]. So far the Washington Wizards are winless. They began the season by losing to the Pacers... the PACERS... and then after Agent 0 told everyone that he was going to beat Boston for season opener, I really believed that he would stand by his word and work his ass off. What I saw was a team fall apart in the hands of the Big Ticket, Ray Ray, and The Truth. Even though they are doing terribly now, I still think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. They will turn it around... hopefully.
Miami Heat. The trade for Ricky Buckets. Probably one of the best trades I think Miami could have done. I've always had a thing for Ricky Davis and his talent level. With Ricky Davis, Shaq, and D-wade. The Miami Heat now contain the "BIG 3". Some may argue that this 3 is rather weak compared to other BIG 3's, but Ricky Davis is a player that can potentially score you 25-30 points a night and add 5 boards and 4 assists. D-Wade is The FLASH.. thats enough said.. He will do what he does best... and thats taking his team from nothing to a playoff team. Shaquille O'neal.. is still a legend and one of the greatest centers of all time. Shaq has high basketball IQ, and knows how to play the game.. now is not his time to score. He scores when he has to... He's getting old,.. but like the saying says... with age comes wisdom. I like the Heats chances now, even though they are currently 0-5.

Wall of Fame:
MY TEAM... the HOUSTON ROCKETS. The Houston Rockets are currently 5-1, and one of the most dominant inside outside games in the NBA. People are rumoring that Tracy McGrady may win MVP this season[ I dont think it will happen but you never know]. Though Luis Scola and Steve Francis has been somewhat of a disappointment to me, it seems like Mike James and the rest of the supporting cast has made the disappointment seem unimportant. Mike James, Shane Battier, Bonzi Wells, Luther Head, have all been doing a great job of keeping the Rockets at a good pace. Yao Ming is as explosive as ever, and as long as this team stays healthy... we're about to witness a miracle. ;]

What is it with these teams from Texas!
San Antonio Spurs. Arguably the best team in the NBA. They are the closest thing to dynasty that the NBA has at the moment. The question is: Will they repeat? and personally I don't think they can repeat. It's too difficult with the depth of the NBA to repeat. You not only have to watch out for the WEST but you also have to watch out for the EAST, who have been moving rather rapidly.
Dallas Mavericks. Another outstanding team that didn't change many players in its roster. The most significant change in the roster was having Jason The Jet Terry come off the bench as the 6th man. He exploded against Houston dropped 30+ points and carrying his team to a victory. Great team, but like the rockets we question its playoff mentality and strength.
Los Angeles Clippers. Even without Elton Brand we're seeing this team of underrated players explode for all-star statistics. Chris Kaman, Corey Maggette, Cuttino Mobley, and Sam Cassell have played wonderfully the past 5 games. With a record of 4-1, lets just hope this team can keep this trend going. Elton Brand is due back around February... [which is basically pointless hahaha].
Boston Celtics. The best offseason pickup was made by the Celtics. Three all-star players from three terrible teams last year are joined together to form the "Big 3". Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett have shown people what being an all-star really means. This whole thing about "team chemistry, their comfort with eachother, etc. etc." all that is thrown out the window, because this team has shown EVERYONE that they can mesh together and win as a team. KEVIN GARNETT... is leading the Celtics in Rebounds AND Assists. These three players are all terrific shooters, and none of them are greedy. I smell NBA FINALS.. and they deserve it too.
Orlando Magics. Wow... Rashard Lewis is officially a difference maker. He's not worth a maximum contract... but he's made a difference. I have also seen alot of growth in Hedu Turkoglu's game along with Dwight baby shaq Howard. I don't know how much longer this team is going to have this win streak, but lets just enjoy it while we still can, because I don't see it lasting.

Random Thoughts:

  • - Gilbert Arenas has been playing pretty badly the last few games... he had surgery on his leg and had his legs flushed not too long ago, so I guess it could be the reason... but im still waitin for a break out performance.
  • - He got some side-talk and second opinions on his decision on playing so many minutes so soon after his surgery. Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson told him it was a bad idea to play so many minutes. So expect a reduction in playing time.
  • - Once Lamar Odom is healthy along with Andrew Bynum, the Lakers might actually scare.... little children.
  • - Chris Bosh got held to ONE point... in a game against Milwaukee, I didn't get to watch the game, but ONE point?? lets get serious.. your Chris Bosh.. you have a job that includes shutting people up. There's rumors spreading about you saying that your extremely OVERRATED... prove them wrong.. PLEASE.. lets keep the stats at 25 pts , 10 rebounds.
  • - Jermaine O'neal is NOT playing like he used to. He's too caught up in wanting to be traded. Stop being a baby and play the game.. I used to have mad respect for J.O. but i'm slowly starting to respect Danny Granger and losing respect for JO.
  • - Play Steve Francis PLEASE?? Coach Adelman says that Francis is in the worst shape out of the three point guards that they have. He doesn't need to be in GREAT shape to play well. he's the FRANCHISE... i would love to see STEVEY along side Tmac and the Great Wall.
  • - What's with Peja Stojakovic?... How are you going to hit 10-13 three pointers in one game.. and then the next 123098 games shoot 3-15??... You don't make sense at all..
  • - Yi JianLian from Milwaukee is playing great. He's averaging 12-13 pts, and about 6 boards a game. This is a legit player that has potential of blowing up.
  • - The Boston Celtics shut up a whole lot of doubters after beating the New Jersey Nets 112 - 101. Seems like people still have a hard to believing that the Boston Celtics are by far one of the most dominant teams this season. How are you going to question a team with 3 all-stars that each hit 20+ points each. Kevin Garnett leading the team in rebounds AND assists?? thats just ridiculous.. thats LEADERSHIP caliber.
  • Yao Ming is slowly showing why he is arguably the best Center in the league. With the evolution in his game, he now has the ability to take 20 foot jumpers which opens up his game even more! Not only has his Jimmy been polished, but he even throws it down and yolks on people with more emphasis and power then previous years.


No comments: